This is by far one of the best things I have ever made in my crockpot. Also, it is, without a doubt, the best smelling meal I’ve ever made in the crockpot. I tried this for the first time just a few days ago…and then again today, tweaking the recipe just a teensy bit to make it just right. And boy oh boy, is it right.
Have a few chicken breasts, some basic condiments and a crockpot? Get ready, baby. Don’t have any of the above? Jump on it.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, defrosted
- 1 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1/4 cup light Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp A1 steak sauce
- sea salt to taste
- Season the chicken breasts lightly with sea salt (to taste), and place in your crockpot.
4. Once the time is up, shred the chicken with two forks. It will be so tender, it will fall apart. Once the chicken is shredded, cook on low (or select the “keep warm” setting if your crockpot has it) for another 20-30 minutes.
Side note: if you take a peak at the crockpot while the chicken is cooking, it will look EXTREMELY saucy. Don’t worry … it’s supposed to. Once you shred the chicken, the sauce will blend with the chicken to make the perfect consistency.
Serve as a sandwich or eat it plain (my favorite!). Enjoy!!