Hmm, who doesn’t love a big bowl of chili on a chilly afternoon? As if that doesn’t sound good enough, how about slow-cooker, ready-when-you-get-home-chili? This recipe is EXTREMELY easy and it will have your house smelling amazing by the time you come home from work. Also, I tried using Jennie-O’s Italian Seasoned ground turkey to spice things up a bit — it turned out delicious! The great thing about chili is that you can throw in whatever veggies, beans, spices, etc., that you like. You really can’t go wrong!
Add cheese, plain greek yogurt (more protein and WAY better for you than sour cream!) on top or throw the chili on a baked potato or mac n’ cheese!
What I used:
- Jennie-O Italian Seasoned ground turkey
- 2 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can great northern beans
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- chili powder to taste
- cumin to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- salt to taste
- garlic to taste
- Cook ground turkey per directions on package, set aside
- Saute green pepper and onion, set aside
- Drain and rinse beans, set aside
- Pour all ingredients into slow cooker
- Add seasoning to taste (I like my chili spicier, so I add lots of spice and hot sauce – yum!)
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
Serve immediately. Keep for up to 1 week in fridge.