I was at Trader Joe’s last week when I saw a box of Pumpkin Bar baking mix. For only $2.99 I thought, what the heck? I took a look at the ingredients and decided I was going to mix things up a bit. Instead of using one (1) stick of butter which is what the recipe called for, I tried 1/4 cup of coconut oil and some water instead. Additionally, I used organic brown eggs and threw in some dark chocolate chips and pecans. Mmm, were they good!
- Box of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bar baking mix
- 2 organic brown eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 8x8x2 baking pan w/ cooking spray (I use olive oil spray).
- Remove baking mix bag from box. Empty contents into a mixing bowl.
- Crack the eggs and throw them into a separate bowl.
- Whisk the melted (or room temperature) coconut oil, water + eggs together.
- Slow take wet ingredients and mix them into the bowl with the baking mix. Stir until there are little to no lumps.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spread dough into pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out of the bars clean.
I enjoyed my bars warm with a nice big glass of almond milk!