- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (I use Trader Joe’s Organic pumpkin)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
- Whisk the eggs, canned pumpkin, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Sift the cinnamon and baking soda into the wet ingredients.
- Melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil (or butter) in a skillet over low/medium heat.
- Pour the melted coconut oil into the batter.
- Spoon the batter (about 1/3 cup at a time) into the skillet. When the batter starts bubbling, flip the pancake once to finish cooking.
- Top with any of the following:
- Chopped turkey bacon (follow instructions on packaging)
- Maple syrup
I topped my pancakes with chopped bananas, sliced honeycrisp apple, pecans, turkey bacon crumbles and maple syrup. The sweetness of the pancakes, fruit and syrup taste wonderful with the salty flavor in the turkey bacon (plus, added protein!). The pecans add a nice crunch to pull it all together! Also, feel free to stir in your favorite plain or vanilla flavored protein powder to the batter for an even more satisfying meal.
I like to serve these pancakes with my HEALTHY homemade version of the pumpkin spice latte (pictured below) to make a completely satisfying breakfast. Recipe coming soon!
This meal is a great way to start your Saturday or Sunday off right before a day of Fall activities such as apple picking or football watching! Hope you all have a great weekend!