Mmm, who doesn’t love a delicious slice of banana bread? I am OBSESSED with it! I purposely don’t eat bananas so that they turn super ripe and brown — perfect for a delicious homemade bread! I decided to step it up a notch and create a recipe with tons of fruit. Bananas? Check. Strawberries? You betchya. Blueberries, too? What the heck! And if that doesn’t sound good enough…how about nixing the butter and throwing in some Greek yogurt to boost the protein? Hell yeah! Sign me up.
I do have to warn you, though. This bread is muuussssshyyyy. I personally love a slice of mushy banana bread — whenever I order Starbucks’ banana nut bread (I try not to, though. Those suckers are PACKED with calories, fat and sugar. The nutrition facts are scary!), I ask the barista to grab the mushiest slice because I’m weird like that. Anyway, back to my warning: this baby is muuusssshyyyyy. If you don’t care for the mushier breads, (cough, my boyfriend, cough) then this one probably isn’t for you. The greek yogurt and loads of fruit make it quite dense (and delicious)!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Start by combining flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas with a fork until they are ooey-gooey
- Add eggs and honey…mix until smooth!
- Add greek yogurt
- Whisk until everything is well combined. I like to leave a few lumps to add more texture to the bread.
- Pour the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients, and mix until JUST combined.
- SLOWLY fold in the strawberries, blueberries + walnuts (optional)
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan (I use olive oil cooking spray) and distribute evenly.
- Bake for one hour, or until the top is golden brown/crispy and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and try your very hardest to let the bread cool for at least ten minutes before digging in!
Yields 12 Slices (or 6 BIG slices 😉 )
Schmear some homemade almond butter (recipe coming soon) on top of your strawnanaberry bread and enjoy for breakfast (pictured above)!