If you’re anything like me, this shift in weather is absolutely kiiiiillllllinnnnnggg you. When the weather drops below 60 the seat warmers in the car come on (I should say “warmer” seeing how my bf gets mad if I turn his on…), the humidifier comes out of the closet, I dress myself in 67 layers of clothing, and the cold shivers are in full swing. Though it doesn’t sound like it, I promise you I was brought up in the Midwest. When I’m not planning my winter escape out of Chicago, I’m trying to create juices that make me feel like a giant bucket of sunshine. Because if you’ve ever survived a Chicago winter, you’ll take whatever you can get. Even if it’s short lived…
This juice not only looks like it belongs in some warm, sunshiny environment, it tastes like it, too! So if this weather has you feeling sluggish (or depressed because you know what comes after Fall…) have a big glass of Sweet Sunshine — you’ll thank me later.
Just a few things to note with the ingredients*…
- Skin the sweet potato
- Cut off the tops of the carrots
- Peel the orange. Try to keep as much of the white pith on as possible since it contains most of the nutrients that help your bod absorb vitamin c! Leave the seeds in, they’re packed with nutrients and antioxidants as well! #ColdProof
- Core the apple (I used HONEYCRISP here. That’s right, baby. De-lish.)
- Peel the lemon. Same steps as the orange.
- Cut off the tops of the mini sweet peppers. Toss any loose seeds as well.
*Check out this produce prep guide to see what fruits and vegetables need to be peeled, chopped or cored before sending through your juicer!
Drink up, friends! Rumor has it we have another crazy winter in storm (er, store?). Okay, that’s my queue to exit. I’m clearly high on vitamins…
Until next time,